Joomla Website RepairsDid you break it? Hacked? We can help.
Have you been hacked?Generally speaking, Joomla as a CMS platform is “safe”. As we see in the news almost daily, there is not a website published that cannot be hacked. The most common reasons your Joomla site was hacked are preventable.
- Do you have old extensions installed?
- Are the permissions for your folders and files set correctly?
- Do you allow users to upload files? If so, you must limit what types of files are allowed.
- Are you on a cheap, shared webhost? Sometimes the hackers get in though another site and then get access to all other sites on the server.
- Where did you get the extensions you have installed? Often times the “baddies” will offer a commercial extension for free because they’ve downloaded it from the original developer, added some nasty code, then given it away for free. Always buy your extensions from the original developer.
- Easy passwords? You should never use “admin” as your user name. You should also require anyone with administrator access to use a secure password. At least one capital letter, a symbol, and a number.