What is a content management system?
Content Management System (CMS): A content management system allows you to take control of your website. A CMS can be used to easily manage every aspect of your website, from adding content and images to updating a product catalog or taking online reservations. You need not have any prior experience with complicated HTML code. If you can operate a word processor, you can maintain your own website.
What can I do with a content management system?
- Add pages on the fly.
- Create newsletters.
- Blog til your heart’s content.
- Create a gallery or portfolio.
- Add e-commerce and maintain your products and prices easily.
- Import and export RSS feeds.
- Mass mail.
- Create a link directory.
- Dynamic Forms
- …just about anything you can imagine.
- Page Caching To Improve Performance
- Newsletter Feature / Mass Mail
- Banner Advertising
- Template Chooser
- Related Items
- Automatic PDF Creation
- E-Mail Page to a Friend Option
- Site Statistics
- Gallery (optional)
- Automated Site Map (optional)
- Web Indexing
- RSS Feeds
- Printable Versions Of Pages
- News Flashes
- Website Searching